Read the latest agriculture news for crops, livestock, marketing and more.
- Shrinking Your Forage Shrink: Part 2
03/11/2014It’s estimated that U.S. farms lose an average of 20 percent of their forages to shrink. It’s a big deal, so what can you do about it?
- Money-Saving Tip: Right-Size Farm Machinery to Your Acreage
03/11/2014Options include limiting capital expenditures, running equipment longer hours and more.
- Shrinking Your Forage Shrink: Part 1
03/10/2014It’s estimated that U.S. farms lose an average of 20 percent of their forages to shrink.
- Sustainable Beef: A “Global” Discussion and You
03/10/2014Why is it so difficult to agree on a “globally acceptable” definition of sustainability?
- Jerry Gulke Analyzes March 10 USDA Reports
03/10/2014On the corn side, a clearer picture will come with the March 31 stocks report. Meanwhile, soybeans are a story of tight stocks.
- March 10 WASDE: Surprise, Surprise, Surprise
03/10/2014USDA’s World Agricultural Supply and Demand Estimates (WASDE), released March 10, provided the trade with a few surprises.
- Commodities Trading Jumped 23% Last Year Even as Banks Retreat
03/10/2014Commodities derivatives trading jumped 23% last year, led by the U.S. and China, even as the biggest banks pulled back amid slumping revenues.
- What is a Bull Worth?
03/10/2014The initial investment of a bull in today’s market may seem staggering, but it is an investment that adds immediate value to the herd working forward.
- Manage Risk in a Grain Price Run-Up
03/10/2014What accounts for the recent bullish market tone, and how should price risk be managed? Experts weigh in on the U.S. Farm Report Market Roundtable.
- Complete Coverage of March 10 USDA Reports
03/10/2014See the data, read the biggest news and listen to analysis of today's collection of major USDA reports.
- WASDE: Soybean Exports Reach Record 1.53 Billion Bushels
03/10/2014U.S. soybean supply and use projections for 2013/14 include higher imports and exports, reduced crush, and reduced ending stocks compared with last month’s report.
- WASDE: U.S. Grain Stocks Reduced on Higher Corn Exports
03/10/2014 Corn exports are projected 25 million bushels higher on stronger world imports and the rising pace of shipments in recent weeks.
- Harvesting the Sun’s Power
03/10/2014Brothers Mike and Manuel Monteiro expand the output at their California dairy to include a new crop – energy.
- Legislation Introduced to Prevent EPA from Releasing Producer Information
03/10/2014Last week, legislation was introduced to prohibit the Environmental Protection Agency from disclosing the private and confidential information of livestock and poultry producers to the public.
- U.S. Dairy Exports Start Strong in 2014
03/10/2014Cheese exports established a new record for the third month in a row.