Advantages of Mentoring
Nov 16, 2010
From Legacy Moment eNewsletter (11/12/2010)
Please join us for future issues, delivered via email each Friday
Each meeting with a Legend of Leadership, as featured on "Leave a Legacy TV," reinforces the value of a good mentor. Dad, however, may not always be the best mentor for a son or daughter interested in assuming a leadership role in the operation.
A mentor/protégé relationship may best be facilitated in an arm's-length relationship with an industry leader. The mentoring/protégé experience is designed to:
- prepare tomorrow’s leaders for a lifetime of career growth and development. Leadership is about maximizing the opportunities and fulfilling the obligations in a dynamic marketplace.
- leverage the skills and abilities of our most productive industry leaders to help next-generation leaders be more productive in less time. Leveraging the experience of previous generations allows us to grow and progress as a society.
- enhance the competencies and capabilities of both mentor and protégé. The teacher always learns more than the student and each participant brings perspective to the relationship, promoting personal and professional growth.
- increase the leadership "bench strength" of participating organizations. The capabilities of a leadership team, strong or weak, will determine the power and resiliency of the organization.
News & Resources for You
Sign up for, or learn more about, Legacy Project Workshops in December:
- Dec. 7 in Indianapolis, Indiana
- Dec. 8 in Columbus, Ohio
- Dec. 10 in Lansing, Michigan
The Qualities of Leadership: What sets tomorrow’s true leaders apart?
Build a tailored development plan with this Leadership Skills Inventory.
Remember to sign up for the Legacy Project Newsletter, delivered via email every Friday. Also join us on facebook and twitter.