The following information is a Web Extra from the pages of Farm Journal. It corresponds with the sidebar "Manure Can Truly Smell Like Money,” by Jim Dickrell in the article "Risky Inputs” by Charles Johnson. You can find the article on page 50 of the November 2008 issue.
Use this Microsoft Excel spreadsheet to determine:
- If you didn't apply any manure, how much would you spend per acre on commercial fertilizer?
- How much of that fertilizer can you replace with manure?
- Can you replace fertilizer in the second year after this manure application?
- Will manure give you a yield boost or have other costs or benefits?
- What does application cost?
For More Information
- November 2008