As you begin to consider succession planning objectives, these 20 statements may help you to identify your key priorities and potential first steps.
Please enter the appropriate number in the right hand column.
5 – Agree
4 – Mostly Agree
3 – Neither Agree / Disagree
2 – Mostly Disagree
1 - Disagree
1. Maintaining family ownership of the farm/agribusiness is important. _____
2. Only lineal descendants should be allowed to own the family agribusiness. _____
3. Ownership is a privilege, not an entitlement. _____
4. The current operation can support additional families. _____
5. The current operation is run like a business with standard operating
procedures and a management structure. _____
6. The family has shared succession intentions, but not in a written format. _____