Make plans to tune into Friday’s episode of AgDay. It will also air this weekend as part of U.S. Farm Report. Cohosted by Clinton Griffiths and John Phipps, it will be a special holiday program that the whole family can enjoy.
From tree growers to fruit-cake makers, AgDay will show you how this special holiday is celebrated in rural America.
Here are some of the highlights from the show:
- Meet a Christmas tree farmer who takes part in the "Trees for Troops" program. Fed-Ex and the National Christmas Tree Association team up to donate Christmas trees to our military, including some of our overseas bases. AgDay was on location as the trees were boxed and shipped.
- In Tennessee, you’ll learn about a 4-H chapter who collected gifts for those less fortunate.
- You won’t want to miss a special parody of "The Night before Christmas." It was written by an agronomist and has a special twist that has to do with seed.
- Feel like a fruitcake? AgDay visits a small college in the Ozarks where students ship out thousands of fruitcakes each year.
- In Iowa, you’ll meet a farmer who is also part of the Iowa National Guard. He was in Afghanistan last Christmas to teach residents about farming.
- Also, the show will feature a special holiday message from Phipps.
If you miss Friday’s showing, you can watch it anytime at www.AgDay.com
. It will also be rebroadcasted as the second half of U.S. Farm Report this weekend.