Introducing its second generation of vertical tillage equipment, Alamo Group introduces the EarthMaster 3000.
The machine succeeds the earlier Verti-Go with working widths of 25’, 31’ and 34’. Features of the machine were unveiled Wednesday at the 2014 National Farm Machinery Show.
Click here for complete coverage of the 2014 National Farm Machinery Show. And don't miss these three free Farm Journal Media events featuring Greg "Machinery Pete" Peterson, Bob Utterback and more!
Field sales manager Brent Scott shared the following specifications:
- Common-wing design
- Heavy-duty walking tandem axles with added clearance
- Durable 17"-diameter rolling baskets
- Double spider added for strength, and a thicker wall design for the support tube
- SoilRazor disc blades with a saw-tooth design that sharpens over time, helping cut BT corn stalks
- Five locking flag pins
- 20" blades, continued from the previous version for maximum action from 2" to 3" into the soil surface
- Heavy disk-gang scrapers
- Pivot pins up to 2 ½" in size
- Overall weight increased by several hundred pounds for a machine that weighs roughly 20,000 lb.