USDA's Joint Ag Weather Facility has provided the following weekly weather/crop highlights:
EUROPE: Locally Heavy Rain Boosts Crop Prospects
- Widespread, locally heavy rain boosts prospects for small grains and oilseeds in England, France, Italy, and western Germany. However, the wet weather is slowing summer crop planting.
- Warm, showery weather improves soil moisture for winter wheat and rapeseed in Poland.
NORTHWESTERN AFRICA: Additional Showers In Morocco
- Additional showers benefit immature winter grains in northern Morocco.
- Mostly sunny skies in Algeria and Tunisia favor filling winter wheat and barley.
MIDDLE EAST: Late-Week Showers Benefit Turkish Grains
- Late-week showers and thunderstorms favor winter wheat and barley in Turkey.
- Warm, dry weather promotes winter crop maturation across the eastern Mediterranean.
FSU: Western Warmth And Dryness Contrast With Beneficial Rain In The East
- Unseasonably warm, dry weather accelerates winter crop development across Belarus, Ukraine, and western Russia.
- In Kazakhstan and central Russia, beneficial rain boosts soil moisture for spring wheat planting.
- Showers in southern Kazakhstan slow cotton planting.
SOUTH ASIA: Pre-Monsoon Rains Diminish
- Seasonally hot weather returns to most of India, as pre-monsoon showers diminish.
EAST ASIA: Drier Weather For Wheat
- Sunny weather on the North China Plain, following last week’s rainfall, aids flowering winter wheat.
- Cool weather limits rice, corn, and soybean planting in northeastern China.
SOUTHEAST ASIA: Monsoon Rains Move Into Thailand
- Monsoon showers move into Thailand, spurring rice transplanting.
AUSTRALIA: Periods Of Rain And Sun Benefit Crops
- In eastern Australia, passing showers cause only brief delays in summer crop harvesting.
- Elsewhere in the wheat belt, showers help condition topsoils in advance of winter crop planting.
SOUTH AMERICA: Summer Crop Harvesting Progresses In Argentina
- Mild, dry weather promotes Argentine corn and soybean harvesting.
- Rain maintains overall favorable prospects for winter grains in southern Brazil.
MEXICO: Still Dry Along The Gulf Coast
- Rain is needed for newly planted corn and sugarcane, following a reduction in seasonal rains.
CANADA: Showers Improve Prairie Planting Prospects
- Mild, rainy weather boosts moisture for germination and establishment of spring grains and oilseeds.