Kelli Hinman of Wheatland, Wyo., was named Champion Forage Producer and received a $2,500 check from Nutrisave Forage Management Systems. Bappe Farm of Riverton, Wyo., was named Champion First Time Entrant and received $1,500 from Kuhn North America. Champion forage producers were honored on Oct. 5, at the Mycogen World Forage Analysis Superbowl Awards Luncheon, held at World Dairy Expo.
Other champions include:
· Dairy Hay: S & B Dairy, Sigel, Ill.
· Dairy Haylage: Corner Oak Farm, Grand Blanc, Mich.
· Standard Corn Silage: Kim Leudeman, Hersey, Mich.
· Brown MidRib Corn Silage: Jon Merrell, Wolcott, N.Y.
· Grass Hay: Danko Farms, Powell, Wyo.
· Commercial Hay: Hardrock Farms, Wheatland, Wyo.
· Commercial Baleage: Pounder Bros Inc., Delavan, Wis.