Leave a Legacy
Kevin Spafford is Farm Journal’s succession planning expert for the Farm Journal Legacy Project. He hosts the nationally-televised ‘Leave a Legacy’ TV, facilitates an ongoing series of workshops for farm families across the U.S., and is the author of Legacy by Design: Succession Planning for Agribusiness Owners.
The Right Tools for the Job
Aug 02, 2011
From Legacy Moment eNewsletter (07/29/2011)
Please join us for future issues, delivered via email each Friday.
Since the Legacy Project was announced about three years ago, we’ve added seven new planning tools to an already full suite of succession planning resources. Our intent is to help farm families navigate the succession planning process with the greatest probability for success. Working together, we can achieve a better result from our succession planning efforts.
The right tool, especially in succession planning, will:
1. Enhance communication
2. Help to facilitate a smooth planning process
3. Keep you, and the family, on track
4. Increase the effectiveness of professional interactions
5. Help you maintain a sense of control
6. Provide a template for conversation
7. Generate a list of completed and missing elements
8. Ensure a comprehensive succession planning model
9. Save money, time and energy
10. Confirm that you’re following a proven path to success
News & Resources for You