She's Got a Passionate Voice
Apr 01, 2011
Today we head to Central Illinois to meet Cheryl Day. Cheryl and her husband farm corn, soybeans and raise Angus cattle. Cheryl is passionate about advocating for the agriculture industry and writes a blog called A Passionate Voice
and she is just that. On her blog she writes about everything from Oprah to Farm Signs.
My favorite of her posts is entitled "A Career in Ag is not just for the boys"
It is no secret historically that a career in agriculture has been male dominant. Oh, yeah I am going there but before my male counterparts hit the "X" to close the computer screen I challenge you to think just a minute of what you would say to your daughter in choosing a career in agriculture.
In honor of Women in History Month and National Agriculture Day, I salute all pioneer women:
- Who found themselves in an employee position that had never been held by a woman before
- Who traded household chores with her brother to help her dad on the farm
- Who would rather shovel manure than clean the hosue
- Who runs the combine, fixes the tractors
- Who operates her own farming or ranching operation
- Who found themselves in meeting rooms full of males and did not hide in the corner
- Who passioantely told the story of agriculture
I encourage you to check out her blog
or find her on Facebook