Technology editor Ben Potter brings you the latest in technology news, and how you can apply it to farming.
7 More Signs You Grew Up on a Farm
Feb 04, 2014
Earlier this morning, we shared a blog post on Facebook titled "Ten Signs You Grew Up on a Farm." It was a nice quick reflection on rural life. Admittedly, though, there are way more than 10. That number was arbitrary – it was just meant to be a conversation starter. So in that spirit, I’m continuing the conversation with seven bonus signs you grew up on a farm.
Without further ado…
1. You know that the best-tasting water comes out of a garden hose.
2. Your front door is seldom locked.
3. You measure distance in hours. (i.e. "The City" is two hours from here.)
4. You played outside until sundown (or until your parents whistled you in for dinner).
5. You didn’t just know everyone in your graduating class, you knew everyone in your entire high school.
6. You know sledding isn’t much fun if you’re not tied to an ATV.
7. Honking at other trucks is a friendly gesture, not a sign of road rage.
Do you have more good ideas? Leave them in the comments section below.