Leave a Legacy
Kevin Spafford is Farm Journal’s succession planning expert for the Farm Journal Legacy Project. He hosts the nationally-televised ‘Leave a Legacy’ TV, facilitates an ongoing series of workshops for farm families across the U.S., and is the author of Legacy by Design: Succession Planning for Agribusiness Owners.
Quit Pushing Mud!
Aug 09, 2011
From Legacy Moment eNewsletter (08/05/2011)
Please join us for future issues, delivered via email each Friday.
Like many farm families, the Harrisons had tried to navigate the succession planning process alone. Along the way, they ended up confused and frustrated. When I met Jim he said, “It’s like pushing mud. We make a little progress here only to lose ground over there.”
He went on, “We almost gave up—until we attended the Legacy Project workshop. Now, with your guidance we’ve had a family meeting, and we’re focused on finding solutions that work for the whole family.”
The Farm Journal Legacy Project workshops will help begin the process of preserving your family's future on the farm. Attendees have told us:
- "This was the best presentation on this topic we have been to. It was helpful, motivational and applicable."
- "The atmosphere was friendly and encouraging."
- “The workshop had a great, relevant program. I can’t wait to get started!”
- “I don’t care what age you are—this is applicable to everyone.”
- “The workshop was very informative. It gave me a lot of inspiration to move ahead with putting a plan into place.”
- "It was a great starting point for our family!"
- "Kevin was interesting, well-prepared and kept our interest."
- "Thank you for providing the direction and encouragement."
- "A very positive, constructive and reassuring presentation."
- "If only my family had known of this and taken advantage!"
Even if you think you have a plan in place, are you certain it’s going to achieve your goals? Please join us at one of our upcoming workshops.
Registration fee includes workshop, materials, lunch and refreshments. Register online or call (877) 482-7203.