The Machinery Journal blog is your place to find the latest machinery updates, industry news, and interesting tid bits.
Own a Piece of New Holland History
Feb 14, 2011
In celebration of the 50th year of being in the self-propelled forage harvester business, New Holland is produced a special limited edition of the FR9000 Series. There will only be 50 of these machines made with the latest tech innovations as standard equipment and anniversary decals.
The anniversary model features eye-catching commemorative decals, black accents, a chrome exhaust, luxury seat and leather steering wheel. The custom-built machines are designed to symbolize New Holland’s 50 years of experience in the field with self-propelled forage harvesters
The anniversary edition will be outfitted with:
· Metaloc - System detects ferrous metal objects in the forage and instantly stops the feedrolls; active protection for the machine and for livestock.
· Adjust-O-Matic - System sharpens knives and automatically regulates the knife-to-shearbar clearance; better fodder quality and reduced power and fuel requirements.
· Variflow Crop Accelerator - System quickly adapts the blower position versus the cutterhead in relation to the use of the crop processor.
· Power Cruise II - System adapts the engine speed and ground speed in relation to the crop load, resulting in fuel savings of up to 15 percent on the field and up to 20 percent on the road.
· IntelliFill - System with 3D camera for automatic trailer filling that won the 2010 EIMA Innovation Award and a Gold Medal at Agritechnica 2009.
· IntelliView III touchscreen monitor and CommandGrip multifunction handle - Maximum intuition and simplicity of operation, now also adopted on new tractors in the New Holland T7 and T8 Series.
· HydroLoc - Feed roll drive system provides instant and on-the move chop length adjustment to suit specific requirements.
· Double Drive - Independent header speed adjustment particularly useful for large heads in demanding crop conditions. The attachment speed can be adapted independently from the feed rolls optimizing crop cutting and collection.