Joseph Vaclavik is the president at Standard Grain in Chicago. Standard Grain provides futures and options brokerage to farms, feedlots, elevators, processors, end-users and traders. Visit www.standardgrain.com for more information.
Another Quiet Overnight...
Nov 11, 2011
· Grains mixed overnight in a quiet session; Choppy trade continues as light volume and directionless trade continues
· $US slightly lower overnight with equities slightly higher
· Kazakhstan will export 100,000mt of wheat via Ukraine before year’s end
· Option volatility down sharply over past 2 days for corn in particular; Implied Vol for Dec corn options was at 35% on Tuesday’s close and fell to near 26% yesterday
· Cash cattle prices traded at record highs of $125-127 per cwt yesterday; Driven by tight supplies and strong export demand for US beef
· Buenos Aires Grain Exchanges pegged corn planting at 58.3% complete, up from 56.8% last week; Soybean planting now 25% complete
· 179 soybean deliveries with no major stopper
· Corn approaching lower end of recent trading range after yesterday’s failed rally
Straits Financial provides risk management and consulting services to farms,feedlots, elevators and processors. Call Joe Vaclavik today at (312) 462-4438.