Farmers heading to the 2013 National Farm Machinery Show in Louisville, Ky., don’t have to travel in silence: Fans of the Farm Journal page on Facebook have their top music picks to share for the long (or short) trip.
"’Rain on the Scarecrow, Blood on the Plow.’ Mellencamp," Lyn Stacey writes. "Seems like it comes on the radio every time I'm on the tractor."
Another suggestion? "Anything George Strait," Becky Robeson Bundy writes.
Still others say there are additional factors that matter when it comes to NFMS road trips.
"I don't know, this will be Year No. 34 for me, and we usually have something to talk about the whole ride there," writes David L. Millsap. "It's about 6 ½ to 7 hours for us."
Listen to most of the playlist here:
In no particular order, here are some of the other (musical) suggestions we received:
- "She Thinks My Tractor’s Sexy," by Kenny Chesney
- "Amarillo Sky," by Jason Aldean
- "American Farmer," by Charlie Daniels
- "Daddy Won’t Sell the Farm," by Montgomery Gentry
- "Fly Over States," by Jason Aldean
- "Brown Chicken, Brown Cow," by Trace Adkins
- "You Raise Me Up," by Sissel
- "Imagine," by Sissel
- "John Deere Green," by Joe Diffie
- "International Harvester," by Craig Morgan
- "Back Where I Come From," by Kenny Chesney
- "You’re the Reason God Made Oklahoma," by David Frizzell and Shelly West
- "Blue Moon of Kentucky," by The Blue Grass Boys
- "Chrome," by Trace Adkins
- "Baby Got Back," by Sir Mix-A-Lot
- "Thank God I’m a Country Boy," by John Denver
- "Big Bad John," by Jimmy Dean
- "Convoy," by C. W. McCall
See Farm Journal Media's full coverage of the 2013 National Farm Machinery Show.