Five farm moms have been chosen as regional finalists for America's Farmers Mom of the Year 2010, which is sponsored by Monsanto. The top mom will be selected by an online vote held through May 3, and everyone from across the country is encouraged to vote, according to a press release. To vote, click on the following link: http://www.AmericasFarmers.com
. Short biographies of each mom are available to make the decision a little easier, though all the moms are deserving.
The winner will be announced on May 4, just in time for Mother's Day. All the regional finalists will receive $5,000 for being chosen for the finalists, and the winner will receive $2,500 in addition to the $5,000.
The nominees are:
- Sue Roohr, Cookstown, N.J., Northeast Region
- Erika Forsbach, Savannah, Tenn., Southeast Region
- Cheryl Day, Cerro Gordo, Ill., Midwest Region
- Carol Cowan, Watonga, Okla., Southwest Region
- Caroline Luiz, Yreka, Calif., West Region
These nominees were chosen for their embodiment of the family-farm lifestyle and the support, encouragement and service they have given to their family, farm and community.
For More Information