The new 12-row White Planters Model 9812 offers 30" row spacing, an improved three-section frame that flexes 21 degrees up or down at each wing and a 12’ transport width. AGCO Corporation unveiled the new machine this month in Iowa, and it will be available for 2014.
"It was something that was requested through the voice of customer meetings, farmers," says Bob Boelsen, senior marketing specialist for seeding and tillage. "They wanted a 12-row planter with high-capacity Central Fill System."
The Central Fill System sits atop the planter has two 45-bu. translucent hoppers. Unlike traditional row-unit hoppers, the Central Fill System allow farmers to go farther in the field without refilling, Boelsen says. The central fill planter can be equipped with a 300-gal. liquid fertilizer system, which was considered in the design of the frame.
Other features of the new planter include:
- 24-gallon hydraulic pump with 24 gpm oil capacity, using a 25-gallon storage tank
- protective shell around hydraulics and electrical systems
- hitch docking station for organizing hydraulics hoses
- on-demand cooling system with electric fan to maintain hydraulics performance
- sliding tongue to collapse the hitch features plastic components that prevent grinding and paint wear caused by dirt and debris
- air-carrying frame that eliminates the need for plumbing above the frame and eliminates downtime caused by tubing leaks.
- control box for adjusting pressures on the row unit and elsewhere
- optional 2- or 3-bu. row-mounted seed hoppers with 750-gal. liquid fertilizer tank
- mechanical or pneumatic row unit down-pressure system
- closing wheel options including angled rubber, angled cast iron and single-"V" trench press
- variable-rate seeding and fertilizer application with C1000 or advanced C3000 monitors
Older tractors can be used to operate the new planter because of the improved hydraulics system, Boelsen says.
"There’d be so much hydraulic demand on the tractor that something would slow down, the implement would raise slow or fans would shut down. We didn’t want that to happen so now this hydraulic system will furnish all the power to the planter. The only thing the tractor has to do is lift it, raise it, close it or move the markers."
As with all new White Planters, the 9812 Model includes the 9000 Series row unit. Click here to learn more about the new row unit.
There will be more models as part of the new 9800 series of White planters, including a 16-row and 24-row model.