2 cups flour, AP sifted
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/4 cups shortening
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
2 eggs, well-beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups coconut (shredded or flaked)
2 cups corn flakes
Prep Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 25 mins
- Pre-heat oven to 350* and line your cookie sheets with parchment or grease them well.
- Sift flour, soda, salt and powder together and set aside.
- Cream sugars and shortening together until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients to creamed and mix well. Add coconut and cornflakes and mix slowly just til mixed inches.
- Drop by spoonful onto the parchment and bake 8 - 10 minutes until delicately browned. (I use a cookie scoop and get just over 4 dozen cookies and bake them for about 11 minutes).
These freeze well either *raw or **baked.
*To freeze the raw dough just scoop onto parchment and freeze on the tray. Bag up the frozen balls and store in the freezer for up to 6 months in a freezer bag. Be sure to mark the bag with what they are and how long to bake them. Defrost them in the refrigerator and bring them to room temperature while you preheat the oven.
**To freeze them after baking, wrap them in plastic and store in a freezer bag for up to