Before being named the Open Red & White Show’s top cow, "Flicka" was named the show’s Senior Champion.
Source: Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture
Photo caption: Grand and Reserve Champions of the All-American Red & White Show, from left to right: National Red & White Queen Cecilia Morse; Richard Green; Reserve Grand Champion Greenlea Adv Cara Red ET owned by Richard Green; Grand Champion Lookout Advent Flicka Red exhibited by Chris and Jennifer Hill of Hillbrook, Md.; Jennifer Hill; show judge Steve Shaw and Chris Hill.
Chris and Jennifer Hill of MD-Hillbrook farm in Thurmont, Md., earned Grand Champion honors with their Red & White Holstein, Look Out Advent Flicka Red, on Wednesday, Sept. 11, at the 2013 All-American Dairy Show in Harrisburg, Pa.
Reserve Grand Champion went to Flotzbrook Advent Janie-Red, exhibited by Bryce Gingerich, of Millersburg, Ind.
Before being named the Open Red & White Show’s top cow, "Flicka" was named the show’s Senior Champion. Greenlea Adv Cara Red ET, exhibited by Richard Green, Middletown, Del., earned the Reserve Senior Champion title.
Intermediate Champion was Greenlea-TM Real AB-Red-ET exhibited by Cassidy Schirmer of Galena, Md., while Reserve Intermediate Champion went to Ferre Redliner Suprina-Red-ET exhibited by Amanda Kennedy from Columbia Cross Roads, Pa.
Junior Champion was L-Maples Hvezda Calli-RED exhibited by Cooper Galton of Nunda, N.Y. PA Lyn-Leigh Low Rider Red exhibited by Colton Hartman from St. Thomas, Pa., was named Reserve Junior Champion.
The judge for the show was Steve Shaw Williamsburg, Pa.
First-place winners for the 2013 All-American Red & White Show:
• Spring Heifer Calf – A & M Bushman Sunburn Red ET, Chris and Jen Hill, Thurmont, Md.
• Winter Heifer Calf – PA Lyn-Leigh Low Rider Red, Colton Hartman, St. Thomas Pa.
• Fall Heifer Calf – Windy-Knoll-View Rizzo-Red, Matthew Boop, Millmont, Union Co.
• Summer Yearling Heifer – Glad Ray K Rock On Red, James and Sharon Keilholtz, Emmitsburg, Md.
• Spring Yearling Heifer – L-Maples Hvezda Calli RED, Galton Cooper, Burlington Flats, N.Y.
• Winter Yearling Heifer – Roll-N-View Jet-R Tessa-Red, Allison Galton, Nunda, N.Y.
• Fall Yearling Heifer Not in Milk – McWilliams Torch-Red-ET, Aaron Hoover, Lebanon, Pa.
• Dry Cow – Pineybrook Cupid-Red-ET, Lexi Ream, Markleton, Pa.
• Fall Yearling Heifer in Milk – Maple-Hill-Farm Dawn-Red-ET, Jordan Anderson, Centre Hall, Pa.
• Junior 2-Year-Old – Miss Lucky in Love-Red-ET, Richard Green, Middletown, Del.
• Senior 2-Year-Old – Ms D Apple Danielle-Red-ET, Amanda Kennedy, Columbia Cross Roads, Pa.
• Junior 3-Year-Old – Gloryland-HM Candy-Red, Mikayla Bailey, Harrisonburg, Va.
• Senior 3-Year-Old – Greenlea-TM Real AB-Red-ET, Cassidy Schirmer, Galena, Md.
• 4-Years-Old – Lookout Advent Flicka Red, Chris and Jennifer Hill, Thurmont, Md.
• 5-Years-Old – Greenlea Adv Cara Red ET, Richard Green, Middletown, Del.
• 6-Years-Old – Ridgedale-T Raichu-Red, W. Cyrus Conard, Sharon Springs, N.Y.
• Best Three Females – Matt Brake, Mercersburg, Pa.
• Premier Breeder – Richard Green, Greenlea, Middletown, Del.
• Premier Exhibitor – Jennifer and Chris Hill, Thurmont, Md.
The 50th All-American Dairy Show, the world’s largest dairy show, runs Sept. 7-12 at the Pennsylvania Farm Show Complex and Expo Center in Harrisburg. This year’s show features 23 shows in six days, the nation’s only all-dairy antiques show, nearly 3,000 animals and 2,000 exhibitors from across the nation. For more information, visit www.allamerican.state.pa.us or call 717-787-2905.