622 Row Units
Jul 16, 2008
In all, it took 26 semi loads to haul in all the farm equipment on display at Great Plains dealer meeting and product introduction. On the show’s floor were 622 row units and 544 turbo coulters.
New products include:
- The versatile YP40 planter with three choices of openers and the ability of seven row spacing configurations.
- The Narrow transport 3007HD drill that folds out with its three sections expanding to a 30’ planting width
- The tough DF4010HD drill provides a 40’ planting width in no-till conditions, has seed and dry fertilizer boxes and is built heavy-duty—true to the “HD” in its model name.
- The Turbo-Till (Great Plains’ original vertical tillage tool) has been expanded with the Turbo-Till Series II with its 12’, 15’, 18’, and 24’ working widths. All Turbo-Tills are now built with 3” C-shank standards and heavy-duty rubber mounted gang bearings.
- The all-new Turbo-Chopper is the cousin of the Turbo-Till adding to the Great Plains line up of vertical tillage tools. Built on the same frame as the Turbo-Till, the Turbo-Chopper attacks root balls and clods with its front gang of Turbo Coulters followed by a gang of chopper reels.
- The Turbo-chisel is Great Plains takes on a coulter chisel. Its front gang of Turbo coulters can be followed by two options of shanks and then two options of rear attachments.
- Great Plains also expanded their models of compact drills.