The Machinery Journal blog is your place to find the latest machinery updates, industry news, and interesting tid bits.
Cast Your Vote: Advocating for Agriculture Awards
Dec 10, 2009
The polls are open. You can vote for who should be recognized to receive the “Advocating for Agriculture Awards.” These awards recognize those who support "in a compelling way the work of farmers and ranchers to provide abundant and affordable food and fiber."
This program is hosted by AEM and the awards will be presented with a free trip to the inaugural Ag Connect Expo 2010.
There are 15 finalists in the three award categories: Woman of the Year, Community Leadership, and Ag Innovation.
The nominees for Ag Innovation:
- Christopher Callahan, Fayetteville, Arkansas
- Danny Day, Atlanta, Georgia
- Jesse Dowell, Champaign, Illinois
- Samuel Petty, Lubbock, Texas
- Eric Woodford, Redwood Falls, Minnesota
The nominees for Community Leadership:
- Julie Brashear, Tampa, Florida
- Melinda Fruendt, Guthrie, Oklahoma
- Gretchen Garth, Woodinville, Washington
- Fred Rogge, Washington, Kansas
- Dennis Treacy, Smithfield, Virginia
The nominees for Ag Woman of the Year:
- Jolene Brown, West Branch, Iowa
- Liz Doornink, Baldwin, Wisconsin
- Annette McLane, Elizabeth, Illinois
- Kaye Whitehead, Muncie, Indiana
- Janine Yorio, New York, New York
The deadline to place your vote is Dec. 16. Click here to vote.
The grand prize winner in each of the three award categories will receive a free trip to Ag Connect Expo 2010, including roundtrip airfare for two to Orlando, Florida, from anywhere in the continental U.S. Grand prize winners and runners-up will be announced December 18, 2009.
For more information, see Ag Connect Expo