ARMSTRONG, Iowa—Art’s Way Manufacturing, Inc., a leading manufacturer and distributor of niche agricultural machinery, equipment and services, has unveiled the next generation of grinder mixers with the introduction of its new Model 6520 Grinder Mixer at the Farm Progress Show in Boone, Iowa.
The Model 6520 features:
- the largest tank in the industry—165-bu. capacity.
- fully self-contained hydraulics—no tractor hydraulic requirements.
- discharge augers driven by hydraulic orbit motors.
- high-capacity, 10" diameter hydraulic driven discharge system—elimination of bevel gears.
- remote control system for auger positioning, tank discharge and operation of the grinder mixer.
- double hammers in hammer mill for a more consistent grind and less power requirements.
A prototype of the 6520 has been in use in Tracy, Minn., by Dan Lanou, who says: "The improvements are very innovative. The machine has cut our unload time nearly in half through the use of remote control operations and the increased auger size."
J. Ward McConnell, Jr., executive chairman of the board, says: "At Art’s Way, we listened to our customers and responded to their needs. When we showed a prototype to some of our customers, they said it is exactly what they wanted. We have made an enormous improvement in the unload system; this new design unloads 50% faster than any other grinder in the market. Building on a 60-year heritage of helping our customers improve their productivity, we are committed to helping farmers and ranchers grow their business and do it more efficiently. By offering a new, more efficient grinder mixer to our industry-leading grinder mixer product line, traditional quality and innovation come together to help farmers and cattlemen increase productivity and reduce downtime."
For more information, call (830) 669-2466 or visit the company’s Web site at www.artsway-mfg.com