For model year 2014, Case IH introduces an array of equipment that seeks to help farmers with better seed singulation at planting, added horsepower and improved grain capture for top-yielding corn hybrids.
The company emphasized its compliance with Tier 4 Final emissions requirements this week in Denver as it unveiled those machines, as well as sprayers and equipment for the dairy and livestock industries.
Additions to the Case IH lineup include the Early Riser 5 Series planters, offering an improved bulk fill system and enhanced seed sensing system. Come back Friday to AgWeb.com for more details.
Among the tractors announced this week is the Rowtrac 500, the highest-horsepower tracked row crop tractor available. The machine’s 500 hp capability represents an increase of 50 hp to the Rowtrac lineup. A wider track undercarriage accommodates tracks of 24" and 30", an option available on Rowtrac models beginning at 350 hp.
Also introduced this week by Case IH:
- 3152 and 3162 draper heads featuring the CentraCut center-mounted knife drive for increased cutterbar performance and minimal vibration
- 4400 and 4200 corn heads with poly dividers and patented corn saver louvers for enhanced grain gathering, built at Case IH’s new Combine Header Center of Excellence in Burlington, Iowa. The manufacturing improvements and header research and design represent a $60 million investment.
- WD3 Series windrowers with factory-installed autoguidance system and industry-leading 24 mph road speeds
- DH3 Series draper headers for windrowers featuring a 40’ model
- DC3 Series disc mower conditions with cutterbar that features wide discs for a cleaner, closer cut and improved crop flow
- RB565 Round Baler offering 20% more capacity over previous models
- Magnum tractors lineup features nine models available with continuously variable transmission (CVT). Magnum CVT configuration uses double-clutch technology to deliver uninterrupted power to the ground. Cab upgrades include the Multi-Control armrest with MultiFunction handle, backlit buttons and ventilated seat with extendable and retractable lower seat cushion.
- Steiger 620, the highest-horsepower agricultural tractor available featuring 682 maximum engine horsepower and a 12.9-liter FPT engine with two-stage turbocharging. In all, seven models comprise the Steiger lineup for model year 2014 including the Steiger 540 with 605 peak horsepower.
- Patriot 3240 and 3340 sprayers offering heightened individual nozzle control through the Aim Command Pro spray system. Nozzles can be turned on and off, one at a time, to prevent over-application. It automatically adjusts for the proper target rate of application while turning. The Tier 4 Final-compliant machines offer 250 hp and 285 hp, respectively.