Make your on-farm store a shopping destination this holiday season by simplifying your customers’ holiday meal planning. Busy customers want a convenient, one-stop shopping experience geared toward helping them prepare for holiday celebrations.
Use these ideas to help your customers build delicious holiday menus
around your Grass-fed Beef.
• Display recipe cards for popular holiday beef roast recipes. Assemble ingredients and display them right by your meat case, freezers or on your sales counter by your scale or register.
• Offer knife sharpening and carving tips for customers to make carving easier.
• Remind customers that Grass-fed Beef makes a great centerpiece at Holiday parties by sharing a fun appetizer recipe like "Roasted Beef Shoulder Tender Crostini with Wasabi Sour Cream." But be careful, because not everyone likes to have a mouthful of fire when eating their Beef!
Show some Holiday Spirit
Are you ready to provide top-notch customer service during the busy holiday season?
Focus on customer needs with these tips:
• Keep Scrooge out of your store, or better yet off the farm completely! Decorate for the holidays to encourage a festive spirit.
• Keep your freezers well-stocked with popular roast cuts.
• Be proactive! Be prepared to offer assistance and suggestions.
• Provide your customers with recipe suggestions, a roasting chart and carving information. Tips to carving your Grass-fed Beef roast like a pro can be found in handouts available from your local Beef Council. They can also help answer your customers’ questions about preparing and cooking roasts.
• Feature one of your families favorite holiday recipes that’s easy to re-create at your customers home.
Create recipe cards using the Beef Recipes & Photography section on BeefRetail.org. Help the recipes resonate with your customers by labeling the recipes as family members’ favorites. For example, "Grandma’s Favorite Beef Rib Roast with Shoo-fly Pie."
• Direct customers to visit your Farm/Ranch Store’s Web site for special offers, updates, meal ideas and more recipes, if available.
Your customers are diverse and entertain in a variety of ways. To accommodate customers hosting smaller
gatherings, or customers with less time to prepare a big meal, suggest recipes using smaller Beef cuts with
shorter prep time. Feature cut’s that you have many a decent amount of. It doesn’t make sense to feature Grandma’s Favorite Beef Rib Roasts for the Month of December if you only have 2 Rib Roasts in your freezer, and your not processing any more cattle until next spring.
Healthy Beef Choices
Since holiday celebrations are synonymous with abundant amounts of food, inform your customers that
29 cuts of beef are lean and can help them celebrate the holidays in style without compromising taste.
Nine of the 29 lean beef cuts are roasts, making them great solutions for holiday dinners. By selecting one
of the lean roasts below, your customers can enjoy a delicious holiday meal while still watching their waistlines:
• Beef Eye Round Roast Boneless
• Beef Top Round Roast Boneless
• Beef Bottom Round Roast Boneless
• Beef Round Tip Roast Boneless
• Beef Loin Tri Tip Roast Boneless