Today is National Cow Appreciation Day!
Here are a few things you can do to show some bovine love:
1. Dine upon poultry today to make an Angus smile. Get some recipes from Farm Journal’s Pinterest page, like BBQ Chicken and Cheddar Foil Packet dinner … yum!
(Click to view: See Photos from 2013 National Cow Appreciation Day)
2. Don’t forget a cheese dish to make a milker happy. Get some great ideas on Farm the Farm Favorites. How do Lazy Cheese Buttons sound?
3. Wash down that great food with an ice cold glass of milk—chocolate is optional.
4. Learn more about the National Milk Producers Federation (NMPF) "See It? Stop It! SM Animal care starts with you" initiative.
5. Review and update your animal care management practices with the new and improved animal care reference manual from National Dairy FARM Program.
6. Support your local 4-H and FFA chapter at your local fair. Buy a calf or just eat some BBQ, either way it will be a good time. Contact your local Extension office to find a fair near you.
7. Treat your cows to some yummy treats like Range Cubes, apples, corn husks, etc.
8. Hug a cow.
9. Share your favorite cow photo with us! Post it to Farm Journal’s Facebook page or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll feature it on AgWeb.com.