The recent government shutdown has adjusted the October schedule for the release of USDA's National Agricultural Statistics Service reports.
Keeping up to date on the latest market prices in agriculture the past few weeks has been a little difficult because of the federal government shutdown. Now that an agreement has been made in Washington things appear to be back to normal for the near future, including the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s National Agricultural Statistics Service (NASS) reports.
The October schedule has been altered a bit form most months. Here is when dairy producers can expect reports from the NASS:
• Dairy Products: WAS Thurs, Oct. 3, NOW Monday, Oct. 21
• Milk Production: WAS Mon, Oct. 21, NOW Fri, Nov. 1
• Cold Storage: WAS Tues, Oct. 22, NOW Thurs, Oct. 31
• Livestock Slaughter: WAS Thurs, Oct. 24, NOW Thurs, Oct. 31
• Ag Prices: NO CHANGE - Thurs, Oct. 31
For the full schedule of reports click here.