According to a recent Farm Journal Pulse, 40% of acres were not planted to their intended crops.
This spring’s whacky weather has definitely thrown a wrench in many farmers’ planting plans. How many acres were switched from corn to soybeans? Or, how many acres won’t be planted at all?
The June 5 Farm Journal Pulse asked: What percent of your total acres will you not plant to its intended crop?
According to the 1,400 respondents, around 60% of the acres were planted to their intended crop. That leaves nearly 40% of acres to be switched or not planted. Two percent of respondents said all of their acres were changed.
Here are the full results (percent of total acres not planted to its intended crop):
- 0%: 61%
- 1-10%: 16%
- 11-20%: 9%
- 21-40%: 8%
- 41-99%: 4%
- 100%: 2%
Click the map below to see how people responded:
Add Your Vote
You're invited to be part of the heartbeat of our new national producer panel that speaks up and speaks out. Participating is as easy as answering two quick poll questions per month via text message from your mobile phone
By partnering with Commodity Update
, the leading provider of agricultural information to mobile phones, Farm Journal sends you the question via a text message on the first and third Wednesday of each month.