The Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service office in Wilson County and others will present the Pasture Management Workshop from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Feb. 25 at the Floresville Event Center.
The event center is located at 600 Highway 97 West in Floresville.
Workshop registration will be from 8:30-9 a.m. Five Texas Department of Agriculture continuing education units will be available for private pesticide license holders.
"This workshop features presentations on practical pasture management by some of the most respected experts in the state," said Bryan Davis, AgriLife Extension agent for Wilson County. "Participants will get a lot of information they can use to help their pasture land recover after the long-term drought conditions we have been facing here in South Central Texas."
Topics and presenters will be:
– Controlling Weeds and Insects in Pastures, Charlie Grymes, DuPont Crop Protection, Weatherford.
– Brush Control and New Chemical Recommendations, Dr. Bob Lyons, AgriLife Extension range specialist, Uvalde.
– Predator Identification and Control, Trent Teinert, Texas Parks and Wildlife Department, Victoria.
– Integrated Pest Management, Travis Frankie, AgriLife Extension agent, Seguin.
– Texas Department of Agriculture Laws and Regulations, Philip Benavides, Texas Department of Agriculture, Victoria.
A follow-up question-and-answer session and workshop evaluations will be from 2:45– 3 p.m.
The workshop fee of $30 includes lunch. Attendees must RSVP by Feb. 21 to the AgriLife Extension office in Wilson County, 1420 3rd Street in Floresville.
More information can be found at http://wilson.agrilife.org/ or by calling 830-393-7357 or sending an email to email@example.com.
Source: Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service