Read the latest agriculture news for crops, livestock, marketing and more.
- Grain Bin Systems of the Future
12/18/2013How will grain bin systems evolve in the next decade? Take a virtual tour via AgWeb’s Farm of the Future site.
- Tyson Foods Plant Cited by OSHA
12/18/2013The federal government has cited the Tyson Foods plant in Hutchinson, Kan. for safety violations after a worker's hand was severed last summer.
- Whole Foods Will No Longer Sell Chobani
12/18/2013The natural and organic grocery chain said Wednesday that it will be phasing Chobani Greek Yogurt out of its stores in early 2014 to make room for other products.
- Fed Announces Plan to Scale Back Asset Purchases
12/18/2013The U.S. dollar index rose sharply on the news, which resulted in stepped-up pressure on grain and soy complex futures.
- Tillamook Launches New Farmstyle Greek Yogurt
12/18/2013Growing dairy brand provides consumers with a tastier kind of Greek yogurt uniquely made the Farmstyle way.
- Cattle Industry Expert: Profitability Returning
12/18/2013A livestock specialist at Iowa State University says falling corn prices are generating some optimism that cattle farmers can again make money.
- Movember Dairy Coalition Celebrates Successful First Movember Campaign
12/18/2013Industry coalition brings awareness to the importance of men’s health, raises funds for cancer research and helps producers share their stories.
- ABC Asks Judge to Throw Out 'Pink Slime' Lawsuit
12/18/2013A lawyer for ABC on Tuesday asked a circuit judge to throw out a defamation lawsuit related to its coverage of a meat product called lean, finely textured beef, which critics have dubbed "pink slime."
- EU Proposes Ban on Cloning Farm Animals, Sale of Clone Meat
12/18/2013The proposal seeks to address worries about animal welfare and other ethical concerns related to use of cloning, the European Commission says.
- Corn Plummeting Spurs Talk of ’80s U.S. Farmland Bust
12/18/2013As corn prices decline, bankers and agricultural economists are predicting a slowdown in farmland prices that could turn into a bust.
- What’s Your Chance for a White Christmas?
12/18/2013NOAA shows the geographies where snow is most likely to be on the ground on Dec. 25.
- 5 Grain Market Lessons Learned in 2013
12/18/2013Farmers had an interesting year, one that provided some key learning opportunities. Four market analysts share their top lessons.
- Young Farmers: Win Trips to the United Kingdom, Chicago
12/17/2013Apply to be Top Producer's 2014 Horizon Award winner, and win trips to Chicago and the United Kingdom.
- U.S. Dairy Market Access To Turkey Could End Dec. 31
12/17/2013 In just the first 10 months of 2013, U.S. dairy exports to Turkey shot up to $24 million.
- Cull Cows: Profit Center or Economic Drain
12/17/2013Open cows in the herd have a negative impact on profit as they are consuming expensive inputs without contributing back to the operation, but they are worth quite a bit of money, too.