Read the latest agriculture news for crops, livestock, marketing and more.
- The Year of the Cow
03/13/2014Record high milk prices, soaring dairy exports and moderating feed costs all point to some good economic times ahead.
- Ration Management: Tips to be Proactive Versus Reactive
03/13/2014When it comes to managing rations for dairy cows, it is always better to be proactively making decisions versus reactively.
- 7 NM, Texas Counties get Disaster Designations
03/13/2014The U.S. Department of Agriculture is designating six New Mexico counties and one in Texas as natural disaster areas due to drought.
- Fonterra Pleads Guilty to Food-safety Violations
03/13/2014The charges against the New Zealand dairy giant stemmed from last year’s botulism scare.
- World Dairy Expo 2014 Honorees Announced
03/13/2014The four leaders will be honored Oct. 1 in Madison, Wis., for their outstanding contributions to the dairy industry.
- Link May Exist Between Disposition and Reproduction
03/13/2014Determining if a link exits between reproductive performance and disposition has been difficult to prove.
- Beef Exports Start 2014 on Positive Note
03/13/2014U.S. beef exports opened the new year on a positive note, but market conditions suggest that 2014 could be a challenging year, according to statistics released by the USDA and compiled by USMEF, a contractor to the Beef Checkoff Program.
- Forage Focus: Frost Seeding to Improve Pasture Quality
03/13/2014At this point in March one has to hope that spring really is just around the corner. One task that is well suited to the transition time between winter and spring is frost seeding
- Is a New Era of Data Compatibility, Security on the Horizon?
03/13/2014Open Ag Data Alliance launches in hopes of tearing down incompatible data formats and inconsistent approaches to privacy and security.
- Antibiotic Resistance: Should I be Concerned?
03/13/2014Many people are concerned about antibiotic resistance. What is antibiotic resistance?
- Wheat Extends Advance Into Bull Market on Ukraine Unrest
03/13/2014Wheat extended its advance into a bull market and corn climbed for a third day on speculation that escalating turmoil in Ukraine will reduce the country’s exports.
- Biotech Contamination in Traded Food on the Rise
03/13/2014Contamination of traded food and feed with GM crops is on the rise as production increases worldwide, the UN’s Food & Agriculture Organization reports.
- Impacts of Calving Difficulty on the Calf
03/13/2014The prospect of calving trouble is one of the biggest concerns during calving season, especially with first calf heifers.
- Money-Saving Tip: Brush Up on Your Management Skills
03/13/2014During profitable years, it's easy to let management get sloppy. But as times become more turbulent, it's important to sharpen your skills.
- K-State Beef Cattle Research Information Available Online
03/12/2014Producers interested in the latest Kansas State University beef cattle research, including management, nutrition, reproduction, and meat and food safety studies, can now access a new publication online: Cattlemen's Day 2014.