The following information is bonus material from Top Producer. It corresponds with the article "Eye to Eye” by Linda H. Smith. You can find the article on page 36 in the November 2009 issue.
Marketing Advisor Services
- AgResource Co.
- AgriVisor Services
- The Brock Report
- Doane Outlook Hedger
- Dynamic Hedge
- Progressive Ag Marketing
- Stewart-Peterson Group
- Top Farmer Intelligence
- Utterback Marketing
Some of the Unreasonable Demands Advisers List
- They tend to judge their own performance as well as that of an adviser against the highest price that occurred instead of the overall price per bushels that can be achieved with a consistent, strategic program.
- Angry complaints asking why we didn't sell more when markets decline or why we sold too much if markets keep climbing after a sale.
- Phone calls and e-mails demanding research that has nothing to do with our core mission and subscriber obligations.
- Demands for personal consultation on trading that has little to do with our recommendations.
- Demands that we simply wait for the top and sell the entire crop rather than making sales through the year.
- Blaming us when they decide to be more or less aggressive than our advice and it doesn't work out.
- Some believe you can obtain a price higher than the market ever trades; others believe you can get last year's price.
- There are some out there who believe when we make a recommendation we can push prices.
- NOVEMBER 2009