Celebrate With Beef On the Grill
May 27, 2011
By Sara Brown
Nothing starts a celebration like the sizzle of beef on the grill! If you’ve been watching our Farm Journal recipe site, Anna’s Country Kitchen
, you’ve seen several beef recipes posted this month. Yes, May is National Beef Month!
- 1/3 c soy sauce
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- 1-1/2 pounds lean boneless sirloin steak, cut into 1-1/4 inch cubes
- 12 whole fresh mushrooms
- 1 large green pepper, cut into wedges
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- In a bowl combine soy sauce, oil, brown sugar, garlic, ginger and salt, mix well. Pour half of the marinade into a large resalable plastic bag or shallow glass container; add beef and turn to coat. Seal or cover. Refrigerate a few hours to overnight (no longer than 24 hours).
- Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Once meat is marinated, pat steaks dry and discard unused marinade. On metal or soaked bamboo skewers, alternate meat, mushrooms, green pepper, onion and tomatoes.
- Grill uncovered, over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side. Baste with reserved marinade. Continue turning and basting for 8-10 minutes or until beef reaches desired doneness.
Doesn’t that sound wonderful? I’ll cook some of these up over the weekend and give you a report on Tuesday. If you have a favorite recipe, beef or otherwise, you would like to share with us, you can post it right on our website
. We’d love to share them with our readers.
And a sneak peek, June is National Dairy Month! Any recipe requests or suggestions?