Syngenta Introduces the Bug Squad at Farm Progress Show
Aug 28, 2013
The Syngenta Bug Squad
is an elite team of corn insect control experts that was created to offer invaluable insight into insect control technologies, resistance management, entomology and agronomy. Working together with the Syngenta portfolio of insect control technologies to help farmers grow more corn, this group exemplifies why Syngenta is the U.S. leader in corn insect control. Bug Squad members include:
- Bruce Battles, solutions development manager
- Miloud Araba, Ph.D., product lead, technical seed traits
- Caydee Savinelli, Ph.D., technical product lead, insecticides
- Dirk Benson, Ph.D., head of trait projects
- Roy Boykin, Ph.D., technical product lead, insecticides
- Tony Burd, Ph.D., product biology technical manager
- Dale Ireland, Ph.D., technical product lead, seed care technology
- Isaac Oyediran, Ph.D., insect traits resistance management lead
- Palle Pedersen, Ph.D., Syngenta Seedcare technology manager
- Craig Abell, business development manager
"As a member of this team, I hope to have good conversations about the insect pressures growers are facing and look forward to working together to develop sustainable insect management plans," said Caydee Savinelli, Ph.D., Syngenta technical product lead and Bug Squad member. "Syngenta has several key tools that fit well into the overall management of insects and can help our customers maximize their productivity."
Syngenta debuted the Bug Squad at the 2013 Farm Progress Show; members answered questions about above- and below-ground corn insects. The Bug Squad will also be answering questions on Twitter
using the hashtag #BugSquad.
© 2013 Syngenta. The Syngenta logo is a trademark of a Syngenta Group Company.