Are YOu Ready For The Super Bowl of Farming?
Feb 07, 2011
After watching the Super Bowl last night (and I must admit I was rooting for the Packers), I reflected on how our farmers may want to check their operations and management to see if they would be ready to play in the Super Bowl of Farming.
As a manager of your farm operation are you:
- Using accrual accounting to determine your true net farm income for each year
- Taking advantage of precision farming to minimize your input costs and maximize your revenues
- Using a marketing plan each year for each crop
- Maximizing your equipment utilization to reduce your overall equipment cost per acre
- Providing appropriate incentives for your employees
- Taking advantage of a Web Site to provide information to your landlords, employees and other interested parties
- Being proactive with you banker by providing information before they ask and keeping them updated
- Obtaining education each year on how to improve each of the above items.
How is your scorecard on each of these. Could you play in the Super Bowl of Farming?