Oct 1, 2014
Sign UpLogin

U.S. Farm Report Mailbag

RSS By: U.S. Farm Report, US Farm Report

Comments, questions, opinions...this is your chance to speak out regarding anything and everything reported on U.S. Farm Report. Viewer feedback updated regularly.

Tax Question

Jan 02, 2009
   While watching your show last week Dec, 20-21.  In your news part they were talking about a new tax bill for farmers.  It said you could claim up to $250,000 in full without depreciating it over so many years. I remember hearing about farm buildings were included. If possible I would like more information or an addresss were I could find it.

Thanks, Darin Brown

Editor's Note:  Below are a couple links with more information...

-Tax Changes That Affect You

-2008 is the Year to Depreciate

Log In or Sign Up to comment

COMMENTS (4 Comments)

The 2008 Pub. 225 Farmer's Tax Guide can be found on the www.irs.gov website. Something new for the year 2009 only, farm machinery will go to 5 year recovery property.
8:50 PM Jan 4th
Check out www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=182005,00.html
8:42 PM Jan 4th


Market Data provided by Barchart.com
Enter Zip Code below to view live local results:
The Home Page of Agriculture
© 2014 Farm Journal, Inc. All Rights Reserved|Web site design and development by AmericanEagle.com|Site Map|Privacy Policy|Terms & Conditions