On Wednesday, June 17, 2009, Dennis Slater, president of the Association of Equipment Manufacturers (AEM), attended an invitation-only Senate Democratic Green Jobs Summit.
More than 60 green technology businesses, educators, labor leaders and industry organizations convened in Washington D.C. to focus on identifying opportunities in "green energy" and creating clean energy jobs.
Five identified opportunities include:
• energy efficiency in factories, production and supply chains
• construction of energy sites, including wind farm and other green energy site land development and erection, energy grid improvements
• recycling and waste management
• renewable energy including forestry and ag products as biofuel
• energy efficient transportation networks through the proper funding of the nation's transportation infrastructure
For More: AEM