Thirty-five people were appointed to the Cattlemen’s Beef Promotion and Research Board (CBB) by Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue on Dec. 28. Of the appointees 32 were primarily beef producers, while three beef importers were also appointed. The appointees will serve three-year terms on the board.
The producers appointed include:
- Mary Jo Rideout, Red Rock, Ariz.
- Hugh Sanburg, Eckert, Colo.
- Stephanie Dykshorn, Ireton, Iowa
- David C. Bruene, Kelley, Iowa
- Randall W. Debler, Alma, Kan.
- DJ Edwards, Hamilton, Kan.
- Amelia Kent, Slaughter, La.
- Ken Blight, Albion, Mich.
- Penny Zimmerman, Foley, Minn.
- Larry Jefcoat, SoSo, Miss.
- David B. Hutsell, Hartville, Mo.
- Bree A. DeNaeyer, Seneca, Neb.
- David W. Hamilton, Thedford, Neb.
- Robert Crabb Jr., Siler City, N.C.
- Bill King, Moriarty, N.M.
- Angie Meyer, Okarche, Okla.
- Vaughn Thorstenson, S.D.
- Eric Sumption, Frederick, S.D.
- Kristina Oldfield McKee, Lebanon, Tenn.
- Ernie A. Morales, Devine, Texas
- Bilynn Johnson, Happy, Texas
- Charlie Price, Oakwood, Texas
- Don Smith, Sulphur Springs, Texas
- Wallace Schulthess, Woodruff, Utah
- Bob Mitchell, Wauzeka, Wis.
- Terry Quam, Lodi, Wis.
- Irvin J. Petsch, Wyo.
- Jack Parent, Swanton, Vt., Northeast Unit
- C.W. Senn Jr., York, S.C., Southeast Unit
- Rocky Pinheiro, Glenn, Calif., Southwest Unit
- Melvin Medeiros, Laton, Calif., Southwest Unit
- Ruby L. Uhart, Wells, Nev., Southwest Unit
The importers appointed include:
- Steven Hobbs, Larkspur, Colo., Importer
- Nicholas Brander, Wilmette, Ill., Importer
- Fred A. Sorbello, Mullica Hill, N.J., Importer
CBB’s duties include beef promotion, research, consumer information, industry information, foreign marketing and producer communications. The board has 99 members and was authorized by the Beef Promotion and Research Act of 1985.