The American Angus Auxiliary is sure to host show-stopping events during the first-ever Angus Means Business National Convention and Trade Show, Nov. 4-6 in Kansas City, Mo.
American Angus Auxiliary members and anyone interested in learning more about the organization are encouraged to attend the Auxiliary’s Annual Meeting, held at 2:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 4. Agenda items include electing new officers and announcing their new team of regional directors.
In addition, the Auxiliary’s Angus Gift Barn – featuring brand-new items for debut during the convention – will be on display throughout the week in the KCI Expo Center. Stop by to browse the latest Angus-inspired clothing, jewelry, kitchen items and much more.
The Auxiliary breakfast will take place at 7:30 a.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 5 at the KCI Expo Center, and honors outgoing Auxiliary President Cortney Holshouser, Castalia, N.C., and the 2014 Miss American Angus Catherine Harward, Richfield, N.C.
“We are excited for great fellowship with friends of the American Angus Auxiliary and to celebrate our successes of the year,” Holshouser says. “This year, attendees will enjoy a taste of North Carolina during the Breakfast, entertainment, gifts, and door prizes.”
The breakfast is on pace for a record-setting year, with a limited amount of tickets still available. Attendees can purchase a ticket when registering for the convention atwww.angusconvention.com, or by contacting Michelle Rieff, Auxiliary Program and Hospitality Chairman, at 479-936-1685 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Auxiliary events continue Wednesday, Nov. 5 with a come-and-go-reception hosted at 5 p.m. at the KCI Expo Center, Salon C. Current and potential members are invited to stop by and get to know one another.
Following the reception, five young women vying for the title of Miss American Angus will give speeches at 5:30 p.m. in the KCI Expo Center, Salon A & B. These impressive young leaders are sure to inspire with their presentations. This portion of the competition is open to the public and all are invited to see these ladies in action.
The 2015 Miss American Angus will be crowned during Thursday’s Awards Recognition Breakfast at the KCI Expo Center. Attendees can purchase tickets to the breakfast atwww.angusconvention.com when they register for the convention.
A detailed schedule of events, lodging information and other key details for the Angus Means Business National Convention and Trade Show can also be found online in the official guide.
Below is an outline of Auxiliary events in Kansas City.
2014 Angus Means Business National Convention and Trade Show
- Nov. 4-6 | Kansas City, Mo.
- American Angus Auxiliary Schedule of Events
Tuesday, November 4
- 8 a.m. – 12 Auxiliary Executive Committee, KCI Expo Center Salon A
- 1:30 p.m. Auxiliary Executive Board Meeting, Holiday Inn Missouri Ballroom
- 2:30 p.m. American Angus Auxiliary Annual Meeting, Holiday Inn Missouri Ballroom
Wednesday, November 5
- 7:30 a.m. American Angus Auxiliary Annual Breakfast, KCI Expo Center Grand Ambassador Room
- 7:30 a.m. – 6 p.m. Miss American Angus Contest, Holiday Inn Truman & Pershing, Private
- Noon Auxiliary Past President’s Luncheon, Zona Rosa Bravos, transportation provided at KCI Expo Center
- 5 p.m. Auxiliary Reception, KCI Expo Center Salon C
- 5:30 p.m. Miss American Angus Speeches, KCI Expo Center, Salon A & B
Thursday, November 6
- 8 a.m. Awards Recognition Breakfast & Crowning of Miss American Angus, KCI Expo Center
Source: American Angus Association
More Concentrated AjiPro-L Rumen Protected Lysine Introduced
Farm Bureau Dishes on Big Data