An AgWeb.com Farm Equipment Special
Case IH has introduced an assortment of new hay and forage mower options, featuring new shock protection for their mower conditioner header products. This system replaces the drive hub of discs with a shock hub, making in-field repairs fast and easy after encountering field obstructions.
Shock hubs are now standard on:
* MD Series disc mowers, previously known as the MDX Series, including heavy-duty models MD72, MD82, MD92 (economy models MDX21, MDX31, MDX41 are still offered, but remain unchanged)
* DC Series disc mower conditioners, previously known as the DCX Series, including DC92 , DC102, DC132, DC162
* RD Series mower conditioner headers, previously known as RDX Series, including RD132, RD162, RD182
* TD102 pull-type disc mowers—a new mower that can be used with lighter weight tractors
New Pull-Type Disc Mower
The TD102 pull-type disc mower is the newest member of the Case IH hay and forage product family. It has a 10-foot 4-inch cutting width and a 60-hp minimum tractor PTO requirement. Growers can use a lighter weight tractor with the TD102 because the weight is being pulled instead of carried on the three-point hitch as with traditional mounted disc mowers.
More Flail Options
Case IH also has updated the DC Series disc mower conditioner making flail conditioning an option on all models. Case IH flails are free swinging, straight but tapered, and bigger at the bottom than the top. The crop is released at a higher trajectory and falls naturally, according to Case IH.
The company says the DC series is now available with roll and flail options on the following models:
* DC92 and DC102 side-pull disc mower conditioners
* DC132 and DC162 center-pivot disc mower conditioners
The SC101 center-pivot sickle mower conditioner, which provides the maneuverability and capacity of a self-propelled unit, has been upgraded with larger headers. Growers can choose from three cutting widths – 14 feet, 16 feet and 18 feet. The SC101 center-pivot sickle mower conditioner also features a new hydraulic pump and telescoping PTO drive, making it easier to connect to the tractor PTO. Additionally, the pump is mounted on a swivel base, which ensures constant alignment of the PTO shaft to minimize wear and tear on universal joints.