An AgWeb.com Farm Equipment Special
CLAAS will now offer six models of their popular JAGUAR forage harvester line, with the addition of the new JAGUAR 940 and 930 models.
The two additional models provide an extended range of horsepower so producers can get the same JAGUAR productivity fit to their operational needs. The JAGUAR 940 provides 472 hp ECE R120 @1,800 rpm. The new JAGUAR 930 delivers 429 hp ECE R120 @1,800 rpm.
The earlier JAGUAR 900 series included the following models:
-- JAGUAR 980 (860 hp ECE R120 @1,800 rpm)
-- JAGUAR 970 (760 hp ECE R120 @1,800 rpm)
-- JAGUAR 960 (650 hp ECE R120 @1,800 rpm)
-- JAGUAR 950 (530 hp ECE R120 @1,800 rpm)
According to the company’s new product announcement, the 940 and 930 models will have the same performance and comfort features as the earlier 900 Series machines, including:
· VISTA CAB - greater comfort means better performance: Relieve yourself from unnecessary strain while operating the JAGUAR and perform better by being able to focus on the harvest. First-class comfort is provided through a sense of solidarity with a quiet ride, plus all around visibility thanks to the sleek curvature of the cab body with larger windows and narrower pillar placement. Powerful H3, H9 and optional Xenon headlamps for front and side illumination, ensure that you have enough light for 24-hour performance.
* CEBIS - a single, centralized full-color CEBIS (CLAAS Electronic on-Board Information System) has been precision designed to be as logical as it is ergonomic, adjusting with the armrest and providing accessibility through fingertip controls for basic functions such as spout positioning and intake operations.
* V-MAX knife drum - more bite, functionality and low maintenance: The drum design is equipped with up to 36 knives, delivering a variety of cutting lengths from 3 mm to 37 mm for optimum chopping results. Each knife is fixed to the drum with just two bolts, reducing downtime to change knives by 50%. And, with a universal knife design, there is no need to change from grass to corn knives.
* INTENSIV CRACKER - hard chrome plated rollers ensure a long service life. Rows of saw teeth run in the opposite directions of one another to open kernels at the highest throughput. Cracker can be easily removed to quickly switch from corn to hay. (JAGUAR 980 & 970 only)
* DOUBLE SIX engines - for even greater power, when you need it. Combining the power of two identical first-class Mercedes engines, you have adjustable 12-cylinder power and an engine output of up to 860 hp delivering extremely high throughput. Use the power only when you need it. With a simple switch you can change from one engine to two engine use and with the intelligent engine management system you can considerably reduce fuel consumption.