Coca-Cola has now joined the dairy market, Danone and Nestlé’s consumers are demanding complete traceability and farmers are entering the infant formula and home milk delivery markets. These dairy industry ventures and many more will be explored during Dairy: Today’s Greatest Business Opportunity at Alltech REBELation, May 17-20 in Lexington, Ky.
“The glass is definitely half full and even overflowing in some areas for the dairy industry to grow both globally and through local niche markets,” said Dan Weiland, Alltech Wisconsin regional sales manager and chairperson of the dairy symposium, part of Alltech REBELation. “In addition to new branding and marketing opportunities, we will discuss daily farm issues such as hiring the right people, passing on the farm to the next generation and being a good neighbor.”
Dairy: Today’s Greatest Business Opportunity will feature key industry leaders such as Jud Heinrichs, Penn State University and Mike Hutjens, University of Illinois. Dairy symposium topics will include:
- Cows: Four-legged machines that can smell up to six miles away: Model the Fair Oaks experience, be a good neighbor and open up your farm to tours.
- Milk: A delivery system for health and wellness: What does Coke’s bet on milk say about the “war on sugar” and their idea of dairy’s future? How does that compare to the way Danone, Kerry Foods and Nestlé are building a business globally? They started with only a supply of milk and a plan.
- A New Profit Center for Dairy Farmers: Tying into the grid with methane.
- Cow Signals: Understanding the needs of the cow in terms of housing, nutrition and care.
- The Dairy Industry - Adding value while avoiding crisis: From casein to lactoferrin-proteins and fats for anti-aging to sports drinks - building value while avoiding crisis.
- Auditing your Dairy: What’s your carbon footprint? Do you audit for efficiencies routinely? Can we harness this wasted power to become energy independent?
- Wisconsin Blueprint - Dairy capital of the world: Caring for your greatest asset.
- Nestlé Dairy Farm Institute: A Harvard case study.
- DHA Milk: The Horizon Example - A world of opportunity with DHA.
This special symposium is part of Alltech REBELation, an event exploring innovation, inspiration and world-changing ideas in Lexington, Ky., USA, from May 17-20. Dairy: Today’s Greatest Business Opportunity begins on May 18. Pre-conference events include an opportunity to savor the best in brews from across the Bluegrass and around the world at the second annual Alltech Craft Brews and Food Fest on May 16, and tours of Kentucky’s horse farms, bourbon distilleries and other sites are offered on Sunday, May 17, along with an international welcome dinner for all conference attendees.
Registration for Alltech REBELation is open now for a discounted rate until March 7 at 11:59 p.m. EST.
For more information, or to request an invitation, contact a local Alltech representative, visit www.alltech.com/REBELation or email email@example.com. Join the conversation on Twitter with #REBELation.