Leaders of Dairy Management Inc.™, the National Dairy Promotion and Research Board (NDB) and the United Dairy Industry Association (UDIA) announce the following dairy farmers as officers. The elections were held during the 2015 annual meeting of NDB, UDIA and the National Milk Producers Federation.
- Chair – Paul Rovey, Glendale, Ariz.
- Vice Chair – Marilyn Hershey, Cochranville, Penn.
- Secretary – David “Skip” Hardie, Lansing, N.Y.
- Treasurer – Larry Hancock, Muleshoe, Texas
DMI, which manages the national dairy checkoff program, is funded by the NDB and UDIA, which serves as the federation of state and regional dairy checkoff-funded promotion organizations.
- Chair – Zach Myers, Jonesville, N.C.
- Vice Chair – Harold Howrigan, Jr., Sheldon, Vt.
- Secretary – Larry Shover, Delhi, Iowa
- Treasurer – Carol Ahlem, Hilmar, Calif.
The 38-member NDB, formed in May 1984 under the authority of the Dairy Production Stabilization Act of 1983, carries out coordinated promotion and research programs to help build demand and expand domestic and international markets for dairy products.
- Chair – Neil Hoff, Windthorst, Texas
- 1st Vice Chair – Tom Dorsey, Caldwell, Idaho
- 2nd Vice Chair, American Dairy Association® (ADA) – Tom Woods, Gage, Okla.
- 2nd Vice Chair, National Dairy Council® (NDC) – Jerry Messer, Richardton, N.D.
- 2nd Vice Chair, UDIA Member Relations – Don Gurtner, Fremont, Ind.
- Secretary – Jim Reid, Jeddo, Mich.
- Treasurer – Allen Merrill, Parker, S.D.
The UDIA is a federation of state and regional dairy farmer-funded promotion organizations that provide marketing programs that are developed and implemented in coordination with its members. The UDIA is overseen by a board comprised of dairy farmers elected by the respective boards of their member organizations.