Health issues, sustainability, social networking, demographic changes will impact dairy industry.
In its semi-annual Nutrition Trends newsletter released this week, the Dairy Council of California pinpoints the top 10 nutrition trends impacting or expected to impact the dairy industry in 2011:
1. Skyrocketing diabetes rates will impact the health of Americans and the healthcare system.
2. Early lifestyle habits are seen as critical to disease prevention.
3. Nutritional milk components continue to gain positive research attention.
4. Government calcium and vitamin D recommendations are seen as conservative by some nutrition experts
5. Sustainability is increasingly a factor in consumer food decisions.
6. Social networking and mobile apps are enabling more consumer-direct communications.
7. Demographic changes sub-segment audiences and the approaches to reach them.
8. A variety of other “gatekeepers” are expanding our traditional health care practices.
9. The food industry is under increasing pressure to reformulate products.
10. Convenience, economics and health are influencing our food choices.
Learn more at http://dairycouncilofca.org/.