Producer leaders of Dairy Management Inc.™ (DMI), the National Dairy Promotion and Research Board (NDB) and the United Dairy Industry Association (UDIA) announce the following dairy producers as officers.
Current DMI officers are:
· Chair – Paul Rovey, Glendale, Ariz.
· Vice Chair – W. Ryan Anglin, Bentonville, Ark.
· Secretary – John Larson, Okeechobee, Fla.
· Treasurer – David "Skip” Hardie, Lansing, N.Y.
DMI, which manages the national dairy producer checkoff program, is funded by the NDB and the UDIA.
Current NDB officers are:
· Chair – Paula Meabon, Wattsburg, Pa.
· Vice Chair – Stephen Maddox, Riverdale, Calif.
· Secretary – Kenton Holle, Mandan, N.D.
· Treasurer – Grant Kohler, Midway, Utah
The 36-member NDB, formed in May 1984 under the authority of the Dairy Production Stabilization Act of 1983 and Dairy Promotion and Research Order, carries out coordinated promotion and research programs to help build demand and expand domestic and international markets for U.S.-produced dairy products and ingredients. NDB oversees the national dairy producer checkoff.
Current UDIA officers are:
· Chair – William Siebenborn, Trenton, Mo.
· 1st Vice Chair – Neil Hoff, Windthorst, Texas
· 2nd Vice Chair, American Dairy Association® (ADA) Chairman – Billy Travis, Princeton, Ky.
· 2nd Vice Chair, National Dairy Council® (NDC) Chairman – Lester Hardesty, Greeley, Colo.
· 2nd Vice Chair, UDIA Member Relations – Paul Broering, St. Henry, Ohio
· Secretary – Steve Frischknecht, Manti, Utah
· Treasurer – Allen Merrill, Parker, S.D.
The UDIA is a federation of state and regional dairy producer-funded promotion organizations that provide marketing programs that are developed and implemented in coordination with its members. The UDIA is overseen by a board comprised of dairy producers elected by their respective boards of their member organizations.
Current ADA officers are:
· Chair – Billy Travis, Princeton, Ky.
· Vice Chair – Jerrel Heatwole, Greenwood, Del.
· Secretary – Earl Horning, Manchester, Mich.
· Treasurer – Gerald Fieser, DeLand, Fla.
ADA is the domestic marketing arm of DMI.
Current NDC officers are:
· Chair – Lester Hardesty, Greeley, Colo.
· Vice Chair – Bob Strasser, Nashville, Tenn.
· Secretary – Joan Smith, Sauquoit, N.Y.
· Treasurer – Lynn Ramsey, Emory, Texas
NDC, founded in 1915, is the producer-funded nutrition education and research arm of DMI and provides nutrition information through national, state and regional dairy council organizations.
For more information about the dairy checkoff, click here