The following commentary does not necessarily reflect the views of AgWeb or Farm Journal. The opinions expressed below are the author's own.
On a recent interview with Kara Swisher on Recode Decode podcast, Elon Musk (CEO of Tesla, SpaceX and the Boring Company) talked about Mars exploration, his recent headlines, and pickups.
In fact of all the projects he’s involved in, he said, “Actually, I’m personally most excited about the pickup truck.”
The Tesla pickup was buzzed about starting 11 months ago. Click here for commentary from Clinton Griffiths and Rhonda Brooks.
In this most recent interview, Musk said, “well I can’t talk about the details.”
But here are five things he did share:
- “It’s gonna be like a really futuristic like cyberpunk, “Blade Runner” pickup truck.”
- “It’s gonna have a lot of titanium.”
- “It’s something I’ve been wanting to make for a long time.”
- “I actually don’t know if a lot of people will buy this pickup truck or not, but I don’t care.”
- “If there’s only a small number of people that like that truck, I guess we’ll make a more conventional truck in the future”
The pickup is said to be launching after Tesla introduces its SUV, the Model Y.
But Musk says he’s “personally super excited by this pickup truck.”
Maybe Musk and Joe Diffie have something in common?
If you want to hear the full interview, click here. Please note there is some R-rate language and political discussion in this podcast.