As Quebec Produce Marketing Association organizers recover from another successful convention, let’s take a moment to fill in some notable details and people we haven’t already covered and look to next year.
At the August 8-10 convention’s industry brunch, Josée Petitclerc of Patates Dolbec gave a presentation about member activities as part of the I Love Fruits and Vegetables Contest, according to a news release. Petitclerc revealed winning project leaders who are helping the movement expand its reach across Quebec and beyond.
Winners were chosen in four categories:
- Digital: Isabelle Lafont, Vergers Saint-Paul
- Social Media: Annie Gagnon, Cultures de chez nous
- Print: Pascal Guérin, Les Jardins A. Guérin & Fils (JAG)
- Original: Georges Pitsikoulis, Canadawide
Mario Lalancette, QPMA director of strategy and communications, presented the new I Love Fruits and Veggies website. This streamlined version will be chock-full of easily accessed information and is intended to become the go-to site for anyone with an interest in the subject, according to the release. With seasonal produce listings, a blog, recipes, helpful advice and reviews of scientific studies, www.ilovefruitsandveggies.ca is for consumers, as well as industry and health professionals.
The I Love Fruits and Vegetables movement’s first year included event participation, an Instagram account launch, production of video clips with guests such as Guillaume Cantin of La Transformerie or Marjolaine Beauregard of Potager Mont-Rouge, and the team of ambassador-influencers – led by QPMA official spokesperson Julie DesGroseilliers:
- Hubert Cormier, nutritionist
- Virginie Goudreault (Blond Story), lifestyles editor and consultant
- Caroline Huard (Loounie cuisine), health blogger
- Jimmy Sévigny, fitness trainer and speaker
The next QPMA Convention will be August 13-15, 2020, in the newly renovated Fairmont Queen Elizabeth Hotel in Montreal, with the theme “Connect, Cultivate, Grow."
- QPMA: Canadawide's George Pitsikoulis is Quebec's next Pillar of Industry
- QPMA Convention reveals 2019 Next-Generation intern
- QPMA leaders prepare for conference with new events
Philippines Investigates Pig Deaths for African Swine Fever
Pro Farmer Midwest Crop Tour: South Dakota Crop Far From Mature