Man's best friend can find no better place to live than on a farm or ranch.
In fact, farm and ranch dogs have quite the life compared to their cooped up city cousins. A day in the life of a dog in rural America might look something like this:
- Letting their ears fly through the wind riding on the back of a pickup
- Herding livestock or chasing the occasional barn cat
- Going for a swim in the water tank or pond
- Riding shotgun in the tractor do field work
- Barking all night at coyotes until the rooster crows
Today plenty of farm folks went to social media to share images of their favorite farm pooches on National Dog Day. Here are a few of the canine companions we found:
Our dairy cows may run the show, but our farm families aren't complete without these canine companions. http://bit.ly/1JjFrTg #NationalDogDay
Posted by Dairy Good on Wednesday, August 26, 2015
It's #NationalDogDay! Do you have a dog on your farm or ranch? What do you think are the best dogs for jobs on farms and ranches? Share in the comments below (and a picture too, if you'd like!).
Posted by Ask the Farmers on Wednesday, August 26, 2015
What do your farm dogs like to do? Share your thoughts in the comments. If your farm dogs like listening to music here is the tune for them: