Seats are still available for the second online peer group for young producers that will begin meeting later this summer from Farm Journal. Farmers are invited to apply for membership.
Known as the Interactive Online Peer Group for Young Producers, the organization will begin meeting this summer once all memberships are in place. Members will kick off with a one-day in-person launch meeting Aug. 26, the day after the 2016 Pro Farmer Midwest Crop Tour, in Rochester, Minn. Members will receive complimentary registration to Crop Tour Finale meeting and dinner Aug. 25.
At the initial onsite meeting, members will:
- Meet group members and facilitator
- Participate in an interactive business development workshop
- Create individual and peer-group goals
After the kickoff meeting and conference, members will transition to six two-and-a-half-hour interactive web-based video conference collaborations over the course of the next calendar year.
During webcam sessions, members will:
- Participate in a 45-minute workshop on an industry hot topic of interest to the group
- Dialogue with the presenter during a Q&A. Take part in facilitated discussion with peers on potential topics such as using diversification to strengthen your business; negotiating 101; ins and outs of entity planning; creating a brand that builds business; innovative lease agreements; understanding tools in your marketing toolbox; and streamlining your succession plan.
- Provide progress updates and next steps on achieving their individual goals
Members will also work together to promote an environment of accountability and implementation of workshop concepts and goals provided by peers.
Additional benefits of membership include private social media and email platforms for communication between meetings; access to select exclusive Top Producer Executive Network™ business education webinars; and Farm Journal Media magazine subscriptions.
For more information about the Interactive Online Peer Group for Young Producers or to register, contact Lindsey Young at email@example.com or 888-605-7138.