A two-session conference in Junction City and Hays to help farm families prepare for transitions and change.
A key to the success of a two-generation business arrangement is a common understanding of where the business is going and what it will accomplish. If the parties involved have different ideas about the future of the business, the business arrangement may fail.
This process is designed to help you and your family consider the many dimensions of a serious decision and make choices that are right for you.
- Understand tax repercussions and legal issues in selling and transferring assets
- Compare business entity options
- Estimate your financial needs in retirement
- Evaluate strategies for transferring the family farm
- Make explicit plans
- Determine your current financial situation
- Be aware of the potential for conflicts and identify ways to resolve conflict
To experience the full benefit of the program, participants should attend both sessions as a family to learn and work through transition together. In addition, farm analysts will be available outside of the scheduled meetings to help you further implement what you learn.
, Kansas at the Courtyard by Marriott
Session 1: December 7-8, 2007
Session 2: January 25-26, 2008
, Kansas at the Holiday Inn
Session 1: December 14-15, 2007
Session 2: February 1-2, 2008
For more Information, follow this link. Or contact: