Take a look back at some of Machinery Pete's most memorable auction moments from 2014. From collectible tractors to hot sale prices to completely unique machines, these videos capture it all.
1. 1975 IHC 1566 Tractor with 450 hours
Aug. 14 farm auction
What a fun sale this was, and 90-year old Carman Start told us about his like-new International 1566, which was shedded for 30 years.
2. Nebraska Farmer's Antique Tractor Collection
Here’s an example of hospitality, as George invited me in to see and learn about his amazing tractor collection. Check out the Farmall Regular his father bought new—priceless.
3. Allis Chalmers D21 Tractor with Front Wheel Assist Sold for Record Price
Perhaps the most fun I’ve ever had covering an auction was this day. There were so many new record auction sale prices and such beautiful tractors.
4. JD 4020 Tractors Sold for Big Money
June 28 Bedford, Iowa, collector auction
Four of the highest auction prices I’ve ever seen on John Deere 4020s were all on one collector auction…wow!
5. 1980 Big Bud 525/50 Tractor with 1440 Hours
May 4 North Dakota auction
A Big Bud sighting and a drone fly-around view equals one fun YouTube video.
6. School Bus Turned into Hay Bale Loader
Here is ingenuity of the American farmer on full display. How totally cool is this rig?
7. Hot Hay Equipment
April 29 New Virginia, Iowa, farm auction
This sale showed hot sale prices on the hay/forage equipment but soft prices on the large late-model combine and four-wheel-drive tractor.
8. Low Hour Case IH 7130 & IHC 1468 Tractors
March 1 Minnesota auction
We did a Machinery Pete Price Guessing Game on our Facebook page the night before this auction, and we had 1,000 guesses in 12 hours.
9. Keane Thummel Collector Tractor Auction
June 28, Bedford, Iowa
Here are even more tractors from what I think is the most amazing auction I have ever covered.
10. 1938 Minneapolis-Moline UDLX Tractor Sold for $142,500
This tractor was so far ahead of its time; it’s not even funny. What a beauty. And these tractors maintain incredible bidder/collector interest.