Mother Sues Chipotle on Behalf of Sick 16-year-old Son

December 18, 2015 09:24 AM

The mother of a 16-year-old suburban Boston boy who got sick after eating at a Chipotle Mexican Grill has filed a negligence lawsuit against the Denver-based restaurant chain.

The Boston Globe reports the suit, filed Thursday by Andrea Dow in Norfolk Superior Court, is likely the first of many connected to a norovirus outbreak at the Cleveland Circle location.

About 140 people, many Boston College students, suffered nausea and vomiting after eating there during the first weekend of December. The city ordered the restaurant closed on Dec. 7.

Dow's suit claims Chipotle knew about the sicknesses and didn't take proper precautions. She says her son hasn't fully recovered, continuing to suffer from lingering cramps and bouts of dizziness.

A Chipotle spokesman said he won't comment on pending legal action.

Back to news




Spell Check

No comments have been posted to this News Article

Corn College TV Education Series


Get nearly 8 hours of educational video with Farm Journal's top agronomists. Produced in the field and neatly organized by topic, from spring prep to post-harvest. Order now!


Market Data provided by
Brought to you by Beyer